SPF Maintenance Guide
Maintenance of National Coatings’ Foam Roofing Systems
|Download PDF Version|
- Thoroughly inspect roofs at least twice a year, preferably before the winter rainy season and soon after the rainy season has ended.
- Remove all debris; ensure that drains are open and functioning.
- Inspect rooftop units & penetrations such as, vents, hatches, stacks, skylights, and HVAC equipment which should be sealed against the weather. Condensate from HVAC units should be piped to drains.
- Look for cracks or splits in the system at roof terminations, insure that coping joints/metal flashings are sealed, and masonry walls should also be checked for moisture protection or deterioration.
- Check the field or surface area for mechanical or physical damage caused either by tools, excessive foot traffic, the elements, or blisters.
- Check for defects in the roof surface in the form of pinholes, erosion of the coating or foam, cracks, and moisture penetration.
- Insure all personnel performing work on or around the roof system understands the importance of reporting damage immediately. If any damage is found temporary repairs can be made using a urethane caulking then reported immediately to National Coatings.