What is Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing?
Spray polyurethane foam or SPF roofing systems have been used for waterproofing commercial, industrial, agricultural, cold storage and educational facilities for roughly 60 years with great success. These roofs are installed over new or aged substrates for added protection, durability, strength, waterproofing, insulation, slope and ultimately for lengthened roof life.
How are SPF Roofing Systems Installed?
SPF roofs are installed directly over the existing roof for roof recover applications or roof deck for tear off or new roof construction with a quiet application process as they are spray applied and require minimal disruptions. These systems are excellent for businesses that are open 24/7, hospitals, apartments or other buildings that simply cannot afford to close their business during application. As the SPF liquid is sprayed onto the roof, it forms a solid, monolithic, waterproof surface around all roof top equipment, pipes, skylights, etc. and over the entire roof field. SPF provides excellent insulation with R-values up to 6.5 per inch thickness for protection against heat and/or cold transferring into or out of the building. SPF is self-flashing and can create custom slope to eliminate ponded water or drainage issues. After the SPF is applied, a layer of base coat is sprayed over the foam for additional waterproofing and then a top coat. The top coat provides industry leading UV protection, longevity and brightness for energy cost savings, lower air conditioning usage, lower roof maintenance and longer roof life.
What are the Major Benefits of a Spray Foam Roofing System?
SPF Roofing Systems are unique in that they offer multiple features in one product.
- Seamless Waterproofing Around All Roof Equipment and Penetrations
- Custom Insulation and Slope
- Cool Roof Technology – Reduce Peak Power Demand, Lower Cooling Costs, Reduce Urban Heat Islands
- Energy Efficient – Reduce Heating and Cooling Costs
- Lower Life Cycle Costs
- Lower Roof Maintenance Work and Costs
- Increased Savings for Long-Term Roof Asset Management
- Renewable and Sustainable
- Full System Warranties
- Minimal Disruptions and No Business Closures During Installation
Is SPF Roofing a Good Option For You?
SPF is an excellent roofing choice for:
- New Construction
- Roof Recover and Replacement
- Roofs with many Penetrations, Roof Equipment, etc…
- Roofs with Solar Panels
- Cold Storage Facilities, Hospitals, Clean Rooms, Schools, Commercial and Industrial Buildings and more!