This position is responsible for product formulation for new products and improvements on existing products.
R&D Chemist must possess the ability to perform the following:
Testing / Formulation
- Improve on performance, properties and processing of existing products.
- Assist in the development work on new products.
- Formulate and prepare experimental batches for subsequent performance testing.
- Conduct physical analyses of experimental materials including peel adhesion, viscosity, pH, density, percent solids, tensile strength/elongation, reflectance and UV exposure.
- Cleary and orderly record and analyze lab test data.
- Document new test methods and procedures.
- Research patents and evaluate competitive products.
- Evaluate alternative and new raw materials to improve economics, efficiency, product quality and performance.
- Determine failure cause and provide scientific analytic support for field issues.
- Provide scientific input to support the sales and tech support functions.
- Provide detailed records regarding products and testing, including safety data sheets.
- Responsible for assisting in formulating products to be rated and for maintaining current product ratings through outside rating agencies such as CRRC, Energy Star, FM, ICBO, and UL.
- Manage the process of scale up with new products which includes troubleshooting product that is out of specification.
- Work with marketing and sales personnel to create and populate our internal knowledgebase. This knowledge base is the collection of best practices and solutions to problems that have been developed to solve our customers’ problems.
- Participate in ISO 9001.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirement:
- At least a B.S. Chemistry, preferably a M.S. Chemistry
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the formulation and analysis of polymeric materials
- Speak/read/write English proficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and experience with a manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform advanced chemical and statistical calculations
Please send resume to: Shawn Collins scollins
For other job opportunities, check out our career page.