We’ve complied a short list of roofing resources that will help answers questions regarding roof coating products. This list provides resources for common roofing inquires, but keep in mind, National Coatings is available to answer any questions you may have – Contact Us.
Cool Roof Rating Council
The CRRC provides building owners with information and benefits regarding cool roofing. They have a directory of different types of cool roof products you can compare to one another, articles, rebate information and more. The CRRC provides credible ratings for solar reflectance and thermal emittance of new and aged cool roofing products – view their large rated products directory. Click here for a list of our AcryShield roof coating products rated by the CRRC.
Energy Star has a directory of roofing products that give a building owner the ability to choose products that will save energy and cost by reducing the amount of air conditioning needed to cool a building. Their main focus is on roof products that reduce energy consumption and peak cooling demand. Click here to view Energy Star Compliant AcryShield Roof Coatings.
Cool Roof Calculators:
- For Large Buildings: U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory estimates energy and peak demand for large facilities with flat roofs that do not have a black surface.
- For Small to Medium Sized Buildings: U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory estimates cooling and heating savings for smaller facilities with flat roofs that do not have a black surface.
- E.S.T. (Roof Energy Savings Tool) - REST software is an innovative and comprehensive modeling tool developed by National Coatings to help building owners and facility professionals evaluate various roofing systems in terms of their impact on building energy use.
Selecting a Roof Coating System Installer
National Coatings has a group of roofing contractors who are approved applicators for several different types of roof coating systems. These highly respectable contractors have excellent reputations among other contractors, building owners, and suppliers. They produce high quality applications of roof coating systems and are recognized by roofing organizations. Contact us for an approved applicator in your area. If you are interested in joining our team of highly recommended Cool Roof Coating applicators, click here.
Cool Roof Rebates and Incentives
DSIRE is excellent tool for rebates. It is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy and provides a great search tool for incentives for renewables and efficiency based on your state/location.
For more information on Roof Coating Products download our FREE guides:
- Roof Coating Product and Application Brochure
- Considering Coatings? A Free Guide to Roof Coatings
- What’s the Difference between a “Cool Roof” versus a “Normal” Roof?