A Case History Involving a Roof Project that Couldn't have been Completed in Time had it not been for the AcryShield Quick Set Product Line
California Lottery Commission
Size: 177,500 Square Feet
Location: Sacramento, California
Challenge: Severely Deteriorating, Leaking Roof
- 10 year old failing PVC membrane.
- Numerous cracks and badly crazed.
- Over 250 documented leaks.
- Provide a sustainable roofing system with excellent adhesion and resistance to plasticizer (a key component in PVC roofing membranes that prevents cracking) migration.
- Seamless, energy efficient roofing system featuring a fully adhered, leak free 120 mil membrane.
- Evening installation and heavy dew that deposited on the roof during the night was solved with a unique AcryShield "quick-set"roof coating.
- Costly recover or tear-off was not required; repairs and coating were completed at only a fraction of the cost of a recover roof.
- Substantial energy savings.
With their National Coatings AcryPly Cool Roof System, California Lottery Commission has restored a severely leaking PVC roof, avoided spending a substantial amount of money on a tear off and gained energy efficiency, reducing air conditioning costs and the production of greenhouse gases.
"The collaboration for the project with National Coatings was very helpful along the way. The change to the quick dry product was accomplished on the fly and was a seamless effort due to the intimate association during the life cycle of the project. (Would not have been successful otherwise as the timing was at the very end of the season)." Anthony J. Berzinas, Facilities Project Manager at California Lottery Commission