Roof maintenance systems provide protection, durability and a lengthened lifespan. When your roof begins experiencing water infiltration, or aging and deterioration issues, a roof maintenance system can be installed to preserve and enhance your current rooftop. Reusing your existing roof and coating it with a roof coating system, allows you to remain open for business during the restoration process and you avoid a costly and timely traditional roof tear-off.
The AcryShield Roof Management (ARM) System is specifically designed for roof maintenance. It is a seamless, monolithic membrane that provides excellent weatherproofing and strength. This system also adds and/or boosts reflectivity to provide the maximum UV blocking protection against the main cause of roof leaks and failures - the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Apply the ARM System in few simple steps:
- Make sure the rooftop is completely clean and free of any debris that would prevent proper adhesion. (Read: A Simple Test to Determine if your Asphalt Coating will Adhere – this can be applied to any roofing substrate)
- Seal all joints, roof penetrations, leaks, etc… with AcryFlex and add reinforcing polyester fabric or butyl seam tape where necessary.
- If there are areas where water accumulation is an issue, a custom localized reinforcement may be applied. In this case, apply an AcryShield base coat at the rate of 2 gallons per 100 square feet, approximately 46 inches wide. Immediately embed 40-inch wide polyester reinforcing fabric into the wet base coat, and then with a second coat of AcryShield basecoat, cover the fabric at a rate of 1 gallon per 100 square feet. Allow coating to dry (typically 8-24 hours depending on weather conditions) before proceeding to application of the remainder of the roof coating system.
- Spray, brush or roll the entire roof surface evenly with an AcryShield base coat consisting of 1.5 gallons per 100 square feet. Wait for base coat to dry - typically 8-24 hours.
- These AcryShield base coats provide excellent waterproofing, superior adhesion, resistance to ponded water, bleed through protection and resistance to plasticizer migration.
- Spray, brush or roll the entire roof surface in a crosshatch technique with an AcryShield topcoat consisting of 1.5 gallons per 100 square feet. Allow coating to dry completely before exposing the rooftop to any foot traffic.
- The AcryShield top coats provide industry leading UV protection, longevity and brightness. These roof coatings are formulated for superior dirt pick-up resistance and protection against biological attack, such as algae and mold.
Want more information on our roof coatings and systems? Download our Free Full Line Brochure or contact a Roof Professional at 800-423-9557!