AcryShield A550 a Durable Roof Coating that Provides Superior Protection Against
Foot Traffic and Physical Abuse
A550 offers added protection for those area's where extra foot traffic and other
wear-and-tear is likely to occur - specifically near the roof hatch, HVAC systems and other equipment on the roof top
A550 provides superior protection against foot traffic and physical abuse. A550 can be applied over a variety of substrates as a top coating including BUR, Mod Bit, Asphalt, Hypalon, EPDM, TPO, PVC, Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF), Metal and Concrete. A550 can also be applied as a base coat over SPF and Metal substrates.
A550 exceeds ASTM D6083 requirements for critical properties such as tensile strength, elongation, wet adhesion and weatherability
The image above shows AcryShield A550 applied as a walkway in a sand color to provide contrast against the white roof surface.
Case Study using AcryShield A550
University of California Davis
Size: 200,000 Square Feet
- Weathered and checking Hypalon
- Advanced weathering in birdbath areas
- Deteriorated wall flashing
- Excessive physical abuse to roof near HVAC equipment
- Protection against UV degradation
- Superior waterproofing and defense against ponded water
- High UV protection creates a Cool Roof surface allowing temperatures inside the building to remain cooler
- AcryShield A550 created additional protection from foot traffic and physical abuse.
The University of California - Davis benefits from lower roof maintenance, added protection to the surface of the roof membrane, and an extended service life due to their new Cool Roof coating system.