Project Profile: Westinghouse Drive
A Failing Aged TPO Roof Restored with AcryShield A502
Aged TPO Roof Restored to New
Size: 85,400 Square Feet
Location: Fremont, California
Contractor: Just Leaks, Inc.
Challenge: Failing Aged TPO
- To extend the life of the existing TPO membrane.
- Install a coating system that does not require a costly tear-off.
- Stop existing leaks.
Solution: AcryShield® Roof Management (ARM) System
- Opportunity to reinforce trouble spots like drains, penetrations and waterways with polyester fabric.
- AcryShield A502 base coat allowed for direct and tenacious adhesion to aging TPO membrane.
- The system added many more years of service life to the existing roof membrane.
"One of our best jobs for the year was on Westinghouse Drive in Fremont, CA where we restored an old TPO roof system. The building owner was convinced he needed to tear off the old TPO system and install a new one. National Coatings was able to provide us with case studies demonstrating that a restored TPO roof would result in a more robust and less expensive roof system. The AcryShield A502 had perfect adhesion to the failing TPO. We also avoided the exposure of a torn off roof on a 93,000 square foot building. Thanks so much to Tom Absher (NCC Sales Rep), and Missy DeLaTorre (NCC Customer Service & Business Development Manager)!!!" Scott Siemer, President of Just Leaks, Inc.