Kaiser Permanente Medical Office Received a 20 Year Full System Warranty on a New Construction Spray Foam Roof
Size: Approximately 50,000 square feet
Location: Antelope Valley, Ca
Products: AcryShield A510, A550, SPF, and RoofGuard Granules
Challenge: Combat Harsh UV Rays on Metal Roof
- To install a highly reflective roofing system to combat the harsh ultra-violet rays from the desert sun.
- System must have a full system warranty of 20 years.
- The system must also allow deliver superior durability due to the roof having high foot traffic in order to service HVAC systems and solar panels on the roof top.
Solution: AcryShield SPF Roofing System with Granule Lock Coat
- Installed a new 20 year AcryShield SPF (Spray Polyurethane Foam) Roofing System with embedded granules between two coats of AcryShield A510 top coat.
- This system combined both high reflectivity and superior durability into one roofing system to provide Kaiser with the maximum reflectivity while not sacrificing the high durability using the granulated surface.
- Walkways were installed using AcryShield A550 for added protection against foot traffic and physical abuse, providing even more durability.
- The A550 was applied in a sand color to creating a color contrast with tan on white for aesthetic purposes.
With the installation of the new AcryShield SPF Roofing System with RoofGuard Granules, Kaiser received superior protection against the harsh desert sun and additional protection against repeated foot traffic all while gaining a roofing system that will provide minimized roof maintenance fees and a prolonged life-cycle of the roof.