How Do You Know if You Have A Roofing Issue? Complete a Proper Roof Inspection!
Getting up on your roof to perform a proper roof inspection can save you a great deal of money. Detecting roof issues early on allows you to resolve them and prevent them from becoming a large problem.
We recommend completing the following list at least twice a year (fall and spring) to ensure your roof is in good working condition:
- Clear all debris off the roof (dirt, rocks, branches, leaves, etc.)
- Clean out drains and gutters to ensure proper drainage can occur, preventing ponded water
- Remove any overhanging tree branches or anything else that could penetrate the roof surface
- Install walk pads in high traffic areas - especially around roof hatches and equipment systems
- Inspect and ensure all equipment is properly flashed and watertight
- Inspect all areas for leaks and deterioration – pay attention to stains and discoloration of the roof edges and surrounding walls as they are possible indications of a leak
- Take note of any trouble areas that could cause leaks, damage or deterioration and call National Coatings at 800-423-9557 for further guidance.