Case Study using RustShield A120
Hundley Hardware Co.
Size: 10,300 Square Feet
Location: San Francisco, California
Applicator: D.C. Taylor Company
Consultant: Independent Roofing Consultants (IRC)
- Aged metal roof with several leaks
- Rusted sections
- Occupied business
- Custom colors needed
- Multiple roof levels
- Superior waterproofing and reinforced seams
- RustShield A120 primers used after rust was removed for protection against future rust growth
- No business disruptions or closures during application
- Custom tinted coating color matched to existing building scheme
- Watertight, leak-free
E.M. Hundley Hardware Company's building was an aging metal roof system, over twenty years old, that was revealing inconsistent nuisance leaks to the interior sales floor. IRC specified a National Coatings' AcryShield Roof Restoration System consisting of a localized, reinforced, two-coat, 100% acrylic elastomeric custom color coating system with polyester fabric reinforcement at all metal panel end joints.
"National Coatings makes this approach feasible not only with excellent coating products but also with the wide range of accessory products from rust-inhibitive primers to individual butyl caps to encapsulate the existing panel fasterners."
- Project Manager, Mr. Rob Worthing