Building: Mission Produce
Size: 172,000 Square Feet
Location: Oxnard, California
Contractor: Cool-Roof Systems
Challenge: New Metal Roof on a Cold Storage Facility
- Required a roof system that would keep the building cool with low energy costs
- Roof contained a large solar system that needed to be sprayed around
- Cool weather with high humidity
- Ocean winds were problematic during installation due to overspray
- 5-inch thick SPF roofing system with R-values up to 6.5 per inch allowed for outstanding insulation.
- AcryShield A450 black primer sped up drying time during high humidity and allowed for excellent adhesion to the base coat.
- Butyl seam tape sealed all 57,000 holes that interlocked the metal deck together to create a true moisture and air barrier for the cold storage facility.
- AcryShield A550 was used for both the base and topcoat providing high elongation and tensile strength with superior reflectivity - minimizing energy costs.
Mission Produce gained a truly long-lasting roofing system that provides longevity, UV protection, energy savings, outstanding insulation and resistance to damage caused by impact and other stresses. The AcryShield SPF Roofing System has a 20-year system warranty provided by Cool-Roof Systems to assure long term performance and satisfaction.
"I installed my first AcryShield SPF Roof in 1989 and have used National's AcryShield Coatings on numerous projects throughout Southern California. I have been very pleased with the performance of the AcryShield Coatings. A great high tensile strength product that is tough, stays clean and very wear resistant. Anytime I offer anything beyond a 10 year warranty, we specify the high tensile strength materials to enhance the long term performance for our clients and at the same time, reducing our long term liability for leaks and repairs. A "win-win" for all parties. Thanks for the great products." - Lyle Orth, owner at Cool-Roof Systems