If you are looking to hire a roofing contractor to restore, renew or replace your commercial or industrial roof on your building, National Coatings recommends using one of their approved applicators or doing some research on your own. This blog will provide you will a list of things to consider when hiring a roofing contractor on your own. Look out for our next blog, which will outline the criteria National Coatings uses to select their approved applicators.
Things to Research/Know When Hiring A Roofing Contractor:
- Make sure they are an established, licensed and/or bonded roofing professional
- Don’t go with your first bid, receive several and compare apples-to-apples. Ask questions to ensure the bid includes all required work and costs so you don’t receive additional landfill, transportation, etc… fee’s later on.
- Receive references from the contractor and check them. Find out if there is a local building that has been restored or replaced using the particular contractor and ask how satisfied they are with the work that was completed.
- Confirm they have current liability and compensation insurance.
- Check reviews. Online and by contacting the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask about roofing options and products. If your roof is restorable, don’t spend the extra cost and time replacing it. Check out some of our other blogs for more research tips:
- Ask about warranties. Discuss the different elements, such as, product guarantees, full warranties, and labor warranties.
National Coatings is here to help you. If you have any questions regarding your roof, selecting a system, a contractor or more, contact us.